The Thoracic Pillow® reverses most common postural faults. Using a Thoracic Pillow® will stretch the muscles, tendons and ligaments of the front of the neck and chest. It will improve a forward head posture, rounded upper back and shoulders as well as a swayed back posture by simply laying on the pillow for 10 minutes a day.
Thoracic Pillow® Look and Feel Your Best!
Thoracic Pillow Why?
Our modern day life places our bodies under different kinds of stresses and demands than nature intended. When our body weight is not spread squarely over our skeleton, we put strain on the muscles of our neck and lower back. Apart from chronic fatigue, this can cause pain and premature joint damage.
Improving our posture is the simplest way to improve your looks and health.
A few things you must know:
- Poor posture is an epidemic. It affects your musculoskeletal and nervous systems, which in turn directly affects the vital organs they support. By improving posture you can improve your body’s functions, including breathing and digestion; as well as to safe guard against severe joint and nerve damage associated with poor posture techniques.
- Your spine is a mechanical structure, abuse it, and it will wear and tear faster, use it properly, and it will help you age more successfully.
- A neurological disaster emerging from a simple mechanical problem.
- Forward head posture compresses the front of your spine and discs.
- The disc material shifts back to compress the spinal cord and spinal nerves.
- Symptoms: pain, numbness, weakness, stiffness, organ malfunction.
- Using a Thoracic Pillow® will stretch the muscles, tendons and ligaments of the front of the neck and chest. It will improve a forward head, rounded upper back and shoulders as well as a swayed back posture.
- The reason why the ThoracicPillow® is more effective than other methods of spinal traction and much easier to perform, is that the Thoracic Pillow® tractions your neck, chest and lower back SIMULTANEOUSLY. If you just traction one region of your body (say your neck) irrespective of the other regions, you may get the results you are after since your neck may be compensating for a problem arising below.
- One step a few seconds better health. Perform the Manubrium Lift®!
Other information you should know
- Working on one’s posture must be looked at as a lifetime commitment, just as important as oral hygiene, to which most people are unequivocally committed.
- Aging is a process for which you can prepare and condition your body so that you will age more benignly. If you do not make the commitment to your own health, rid yourself of bad habits and acquire good habits instead, your quest toward better health will surely fail.
- Improving our posture is the simplest way to improve all our body’s functions, from breathing to digestion, and obviously, the nerves, muscular and skeletal systems.
- “Every inch of forward head posture can increase the weight of the head on the spine by an additional 10 pounds.” Kapandji, Physiology of Joints, Vol 3.
- “90% of the stimulation and nutrition to the brain is generated by the movement of the spine” Dr. Roger Sperry, (Nobel Prize recipient for brain research)
- Dr. Sperry demonstrated that 90% of the energy output of the brain is used in relating our posture to gravity. Only 10% has to do with thinking, healing and metabolism!
- When our body weight is not rested squarely over our skeleton, we put strain on the muscles of our neck and lower back. Apart from chronic fatigue, this can cause pain and premature ageing.
- Like tooth decay, damage to your spine can develop painlessly until it irritates a nerve. The bad news is that once the damage has occurred, it will always be there. Now for the good news: maintaining good posture habits will slow the rate of degeneration and protect the as yet unharmed areas.
- Your musculoskeletal system is a mechanical system, and as such, if you use it properly, it will wear down more slowly than if you misuse and abuse it… The truth is that you don’t have to age poorly. You can condition your body to age better by keeping fit, eating well and maintaining a healthy posture.
- Some of the consequences of the poor posture use of your musculoskeletal system are joint pain, muscular pain, muscle cramps and knotting, chronic joint inflammation, premature joint degeneration and an overall decrease in the quality of your life because of your inability to perform at the level you desire Other symptoms related to poor posture are muscle and general fatigue, caused by misuse of the muscles, decreased lung capacity, and stress on your spinal cord, which may result in the malfunction of other body parts.
Thoracic Pillow How?
The Thoracic Pillow® reverses most common postural faults. Using a Thoracic Pillow® will stretch the muscles, tendons and ligaments of the front of the neck and chest. It will improve a forward head posture, rounded upper back and shoulders as well as a swayed back posture by simply laying on the pillow for 10 minutes a day. Do not sleep on the Thoracic Pillow®.
The purpose of the Thoracic Pillow® is to bring changes to your spine and posture, therefore, it is not unusual to experience some discomfort as you begin using it. To ease any discomfort, use the Thoracic Pillow® for shorter periods at first. You may want to place a pillow under the back of your head until you are comfortable with out the pillow.
The Thoracic Pillow® is made of two components to fit most users. Part B fits under the chest when lying on the back, it has depressions to allow the shoulder blades to drop down and stretch the front of the chest. Part A ts under part B and under the neck to offer neck support and promote a normal forward curve in the neck.
- Your head and neck will shift back to rest over your shoulders.
- It will decrease the hump at your upper back.
- Relieve stress of the muscles in your neck and upper back.
- Reduce the pressure on joints in the front of your neck and chest.
- Your chest will lift up.
- Increase your lung capacity.
- Decrease the pressure on your abdominal organs.
- The top part of your lower back will lift and shift forward.
- It will relieve stress on your lower back.
- Decrease pain.
- Increase productivity.
- You’ll look taller and thinner.
- You’ll look smarter, more confident and secure in yourself.
- It will help you age more successfully and add to your quality of life.
- Part A fits partially under part B, so part A is placed under the neck while part B is under the chest. Part A can be moved away from part B to make the system longer, to fit tall users.
The top of part A should be under the base of the neck and against the top of the shoulders, not under the shoulders. The Thoracic Pillow® is made out of molding foam that is soft enough to be comfortable for the user to lay on while being firm enough to provide the support for proper neck, chest and lower back stretch. The above parts have projections and grooves that allow for parts to t together without shifting. The Thoracic Pillow® reverses most common postural faults. Using a Thoracic Pillow® will stretch the muscles, tendons and ligaments of the front of the neck and chest. It will improve a forward head posture, rounded upper back and shoulders as well as a swayed back posture by simply laying on the pillow for 10 minutes two times a day.
|55 × 40 × 20 cm